What is our Small Moon Suncatcher?
This is a unique wood and crystal Small Moon Suncatcher which we make in Co. Leitrim, Ireland.
We use ethically and locally sourced Irish wood and high-quality Egyptian Asfour crystals.
When hung in a window the sunlight catches the crystal, which acts as a prism and disperses rainbows all around your room.
This is an ideal gift for any age or occasion, for him or for her, for weddings, remembrance, special occasions, new baby, christening gift or baby shower gift, birthdays, and Mother’s Day. Or for anyone who just loves all things lunar!
This listing is for our Small Moon Suncatcher. You may also like our Medium Moon Suncatcher
The finer details:
The wooden moon is approximately 3.5″ (90mm) long at its longest part.
The Suncatcher comes with a choice of crystals, namely:
- Angel: a 0.75″ (20mm) ∅ Sphere Asfour crystal with Tibetan silver wings, a 0.4″(10mm)∅ Asfour crystal head and a Preciosa crystal crown (even tiny fairies wear crystal-encrusted crowns), or
- Sphere: a 0.75″ (20mm) ∅ Sphere Asfour crystal (round ball shape)
We protect the wood by using approximately 4-6 coats of Danish Oil. We also use extremely strong, high quality braided fishing line to hang our suncatchers. Moreover, this string does not degrade in sunlight and therefore is ideal for hanging in a sunny window.
The string measures approx 16″ (400mm) from the top of the moon to the metal hoop which is used for hanging.
Please be aware that we have designed our suncatchers for indoor use and have not tested them outdoors.
What else do I need to know about the Small Moon Suncatcher?
Because all wood is unique and varies slightly, your exact suncatcher may differ from the above images in this listing. Without a doubt, we will make sure that each and every piece is of equal natural beauty.
There is a choice of Spalted Beech, Beech, Oak, Elm, Olive Ash and Walnut Wood in the Small Moon Suncatcher listing.
About the wood choices:
In Irish Folklore, wood has undeniably a strong relationship with the Irish people. They believed the trees to be sacred and magical. In addition, each tree has its own inherent properties.
- BEECH has long been associated with ancient knowledge. It acts as a “guidance from the past” and can help to gain insight. In the home, it is good for healing, meditation and protection. Spalted Beech is a Beechwood that has an attractive pattern in it, mainly dark lines.
- OAK is the sacred tree of the druids and ancient Celts. It is the tree of strength, endurance, prosperity and triumph. It bestows stamina, vitality and fertility.
- ELM represents stability, grounding and strength and is associated with Mother and Earth Goddesses. Additionally, it enhances relationships and communication and bestows spirituality.
- ASH is considered to be the Father of Trees. In ancient Ireland, the Celts believed that Guardian spirits resided in Ash wood. Concurrently it is excellent for absorbing sickness. Furthermore, it bestows protection and healing in the home. It was said to offer protection from drowning and is the wood used for magic wands.
- WALNUT is symbolic of wisdom, confidence, focus, inspiration and protection.
In Feng Shui wood is the element of “new beginnings”. What’s more, in the home it has a positive effect on growth, healthy energy and family life.
Crystals bring positive energy into homes. They particularly bestow hope, joy and good luck. They activate positive and diffuse negative energy. A hanging crystal such as this Small Moon Suncatcher can help to bring balance and calm into your space. They are especially useful in a Yoga room or meditation space.
You can see videos of our Suncatchers on our youtube channel found HERE